Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Great Weekend in Chicago!

We haven't officially taken a vacation this year. Bummer.
So Joe asked the kids and I to come along on his trip to Chicago while he finished up mixing his cd. The kids and I had a blast at the hotel swimming, relaxing, going to Gurnee Mills Mall, eating at the Rainforest Cafe, and checking out this cool store/zoo called "Serpent Safari". We got a private tour of their back room zoo.. they have several of the largest boas, pythons, monitors, alligators, crocodiles.. OH MY! Here are Evie and I with an albino Burmese Python named "Banana". WHat a beautiful creature!!



Joe joined us today and took the tour and wandered around the mall with us, as well as eating at Rainforest Cafe where we got to sit facing the gorillas.. they go nuts during the thunder/lightening storm. Evan loved it! It didn't scare him at all.. and it was so loud! He clapped when it was over.

The kids and I went swimming 3 times during our visit. Evan kept dunking himself under! He LOVES to be underwater! And Evie swam the length of the pool underwater without coming up once for air! Then swam the whole way back above water! It was the perfect pool for her to practice in because it was 3 ft. going to 5 ft.

A perfect weekend!

No comments: